Digital Skills Trainer, (Ref: 53/18), Edinburgh
DIGITAL SKILLS TRAINER (Ref: 53/18)
£27,024 - £29,216 per annum
1 x 35 hours per week
Blackwood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Digital Skills Trainer to join our growing HR Team. Working in collaboration with the Innovation team, the Digital Skills Trainer will be responsible for the development of skills in the use of digital devices such as pc’s, laptops, tablets/phones, applications including CleverCogs and other systems as required. The role will also support the delivery of other learning interventions within Blackwood.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Design and deliver digital skills training for Blackwood employees, within the agreed timescales. This may include providing coaching on an individual basis
- Analyse the training requirements of the stakeholder groups to enable the delivery of such training
- Engage with Blackwood employees, to promote the benefits of digital inclusion for our customers, in line with the building capacity areas of the people strategy.
- Create a positive and supportive learning environment for employees.
- Co-ordinate all digital training activity to enable the delivery of the Clever Cogs rollout plan within agreed budget and timescales
- Share learning outcomes and provide recommendations for further learning and development activities to HR enabling the future development of the learning plan in Blackwood
- Work with other partners and agencies to support the delivery of digital skills training in Blackwood
- Create a legacy for digital inclusion by upskilling employees to become digital champions of the future within Blackwood
- Create and implement effective evaluation methods to measure the impact of digital skills training
- Record all training activities on the in-house Learning Management System generating reports as required
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- Experience in designing, delivering and evaluating learning interventions across a wide audience with differing needs.
- A training qualification would be highly desirable but not essential
- Highly engaging with the ability to build strong relationships at all levels across the business
- Proficient in learning technologies and current learning trends
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to learn allowing them to build up confidence in applying digital skills in their role
- Although this post will be based in our Head Office in Edinburgh there will be extensive travel and overnight stays required.
An application pack can be downloaded here:
Blackwood are committed to equal opportunities and diversity. We welcome applications from minority ethnic groups. We will interview disabled candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the post.
Closing date for applications is 14 August 2018
We anticipate interviews will take place on 24 August 2018